Hep Free Hawai`i (HFH) is a grassroots campaign started by hepatitis advocates in Hawai`i to bring attention to the epidemic of chronic hepatitis B and C and liver disease in our islands. Through increasing awareness, HFH hopes to encourage everyone in Hawai`i to learn their hepatitis status, and for those living with hepatitis or other liver disease to access the care they need to live healthy lives.
Hep Free Hawai`i (HFH) is a project of The AIDS Community Care Team, a 501 (c) (3) organization acting as fiscal sponsor. For more information on fiscal sponsorship, click here.
Hep Free Hawai`i Vision
To create a Hawai`i free of new viral hepatitis infections with a comprehensive system of care to support the health and well-being of persons living with chronic hepatitis B and/or C and other liver diseases.
To reach out to Hawai`i’s `ohana (family) to raise awareness and encourage active participation in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of viral hepatitis and liver disease in Hawai`i.
Hep Free Hawai`i will raise awareness about viral hepatitis in Hawai`i by helping people to learn their hepatitis status through access to hepatitis testing; to protect themselves from hepatitis through access to vaccinations; and to connect people living with hepatitis to care services.
Hep Free Hawai`i continues to thrive thanks to the efforts of its volunteers. We would love for you to join us in our campaign! If you want to be a part of our team, please download and submit our volunteer form.
Hep Free Hawai`i is proud to represent a coalition of agencies who support our campaign. If you are interested in becoming a partner agency, please download and submit our partner form.
Our partner agencies include:
- AIDS Community Care Team
- Asian Health Coalition
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA)
- Boat People SOS
- Catholic Charities Hawai`i NEW!
- Chinese Community Broadcasting, Inc. (Oceanic Time Warner Channel 699)
- Chinese Hospital of San Francisco
- ChineseDaily.com (The Chinese Digital News Media in Hawai`i)
- The CHOW Project
- Coalition for a Drug Free Lana`i NEW!
- Diamond Head Health Clinic
- Gateway Educational Services
- Gregory House Programs
- Harm Reduction Hawai`i
- Hawai`i AIDS Education and Training Center
- Hawai`i Department of Health Viral Hepatitis Prevention Program
- Hawai`i Department of Health Hansen’s Disease Prevention Program
- Hawai`i Department of Public Safety
- Hawai`i Immunization Coalition
- Hawai`i Job Corps Center
- Hawai`i Medical Center Transplant Center
- Hawai`i Primary Care Association
- Hawai`i Public Health Association
- Hawai`i Vet2Vet
- Hep B Free Las Vegas
- Hep B United
- Hep C Connection (Denver, Colorado)
- Hep C Support
- Hepatitis B Coalition of Washington (of WithinReach)
- Hepatitis B Foundation
- Hepatitis C Allies of Philadelphia (HepCAP) NEW!
- Hepatitis Education Project
- Hepatitis Support Network of Hawai`i
- Hepatitis Wellness Hawai`i
- Infections Limited, Hawai`i
- Island Therapy Massage
- Ka Hale Pomaika`i
- Kalihi Palama Health Center
- KNDI Radio 1270 AM (“Multi-Cultural Radio”)
- Lana`i Community Health Center
- The Life Foundation
- The Liver Center at Queens Medical Center
- Malama Pono Health Services
- Micronesian Community Network
- Moloka`i Community Health Center
- National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable
- National Hepatitis Corrections Network
- North Hawaiian Outcomes Project
- Pacific Basin Telehealth Resource Center
- Pharmacare Hawai`i
- Planned Parenthood of Hawai`i
- Queens Medical Center
- Republic of the Marshall Islands Consulate – Hawai`i
- San Francisco Hep B Free
- Tattoo Hawai`i
- Together-Strengthening Our Community Services
- Waikiki Health HIV/Hepatitis Early Intervention Services
- West Hawai`i Community Health Center
- World Hepatitis Alliance
Hep Free Hawai`i thanks our supporters for their contributions. If you are interested in supporting HFH, please contact us.
Our supporters include:
- Aloha United Way
- The CHOW Project
- Gilead Sciences
- Hawai`i Department of Health, Adult Viral Hepatitis Prevention Program
- Kadmon NEW!
- Kaiser Permanente Hawai`i Community Benefits Program